Tuning Fork Therapy
What is Sound Therapy?
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe,
think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration”.
– Nikola Tesla
Not so much a secret anymore, science is catching up when it comes to energy vibration and healing. Sound is vibration. And as everything in the universe is energy, sound is also energy and that is why it is classed as an energy medicine.
The work of Dr Masaru Emoto, a Japanese scientist discovered that thoughts, words and sounds could affect the molecular structure of water. Positive words and sounds resulted in pretty snowflake like crystals whereas negative words and sounds resulted in ugly deformed crystals within the water. His book ‘Messages from Water’ goes into great depth on this subject.
Sound healing therapy with tuning forks works on the same principle. Science understands that the human body is made up of around 70% water. This water is everywhere from our bones to our organs, and from our muscles to each individual cell that makes up the human body. Sound therapy works by using the tuning forks to attune these cells to a more harmonious frequency, thereby improving overall performance, resulting in healing from physical, mental and emotional problems.
What Happens During a Session?
- First, I take some personal information from you and check in with what you are hoping to achieve from the session(s).
- You will remain fully clothed and lay down on your back.
- I will ask you to close your eyes and relax while I scan the energy of your body. Once I have done this, I will select the forks I will use for your session.
- Once the session begins, you will hear me strike the forks and move them around different parts of your body.
- There may be times when I choose to use a weighted fork. This means that the base of the fork will be placed directly onto your body at certain points. I will let you know if I am going to use one of these forks so you know what to expect.
- There is nothing for you to do, other than lay back, relax and enjoy the sounds and experience.
What Does It Feel Like?
- Most people report feeling really calm and relaxed during the session.
- You may experience some physical and/or energetical sensations.
- Sometimes people experience pain, however, it should never be any more than you are able to handle. If this happens, take a few deep breaths. If it ever feels like too much, you can ask me to stop.
- You may fall asleep, if this is what you need. If this happens, it is OK and you don’t need to be embarrassed.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Some common side effects after a treatment are:
- Feeling tired/sleepy.
- Feeling relaxed.
- Feeling energised.
- Detox symptoms such as going to the toilet more often in the hours after the session.
- You may have interesting dreams in the nights following the treatment.
- Sometimes emotions can arise to the surface and you may shed some tears – this is good as it is a release of energy.
Make sure you stay hydrated and avoid alcohol for a day or two after a treatment.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
This depends entirely on your reason for coming to sound healing therapy in the first place. If you are looking for some relaxation, a single session can be great. However if there is anything deeper that you are looking to heal/understand, you will likely need more than one. I usually recommend a minimum of 6 sessions. Thereafter, you may feel like you need a monthly session as maintenance. Sessions range between 60 and 90 minutes – sometimes longer.
Rates for 60 min sessions from:
1 x session = £45
3 x sessions = £125
6 x sessions = £235
Rates for a 90min session from:
1 x session = £65
3 x sessions = £185
6 x sessions = £355
Longer sessions are discussed and quoted on an individual basis.
If you would like to book one of these sessions with me, please contact me to arrange an appointment.
These can take place by home visit (subject to a travel supplement), remotely (sound therapy works perfectly as distance healing), or in the treatment rooms at Yoga Blend, Plymouth, subject to availability.